Our developmental assessment process uses cutting edge assessment tools (e.g., Hogan Assessment System) to provide an objective and reliable method of quantifying personality tendencies, motivational orientations, cognitive strengths and related competencies in relations to large national samples. We conduct an initial interview to understand the work experience, challenges, accomplishments and career interests of the individual. In a second meeting we provide feedback on assessment results to the individual to gain a clearer idea of how results are reflected in performance. We then sit down with the employee and their manager (and sometimes a representative from OD/HR in larger companies) and lay out the essential issues that need to be addressed in a development plan.
Some of the areas we look at include:
- Leadership/Management Competencies: performance accountability, coaching/developing others, providing standards/direction, vision, innovativeness.
- Business Drive: initiative, action orientation, competitiveness, willingness to take on challenges.
- Interpersonal skills: getting along with others, customer focus, peer and boss relationships, listening and negotiating.
- Intrapersonal Strengths: courage/willingness to take a stand, ambition, integrity, ability to tolerate stress, ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Cognitive Abilities: analytical thinking ability, strategic/conceptual thinking, verbal/communication skills, comfort and facility with numbers, thinking and decision-making style.
Learn More About Our Professional Assessment Services
Our Core Services
- Transition Solutions
- Professional Assessment Services
- Human Resources Consulting
- Executive Search
- Leadership Coaching & Development
- Career Counseling
- Core Themestm
Take a minute to review the Developmental Assessment Sample. Please call Phil Smith, Seb Milardo or Ray Inglesi to talk about your organizations goals for development, succession planning or interest in a more systematic process for talent planning.